INTERMEDIATE CLIMBING & RIGGING
By the end of this course attendees will be able to identify hazards involved with tree climbing and rigging , understand the hierarchy of controls used to mitigate these hazards, understand the necessity of documentation involved with climbing and rigging operations, and understanding of the inspection procedures, advantages and limitations of personal protective equipment, as well as arboricultural rigging equipment used all while maintaining and following safe work practices and legislation pertaining to tree climbing and rigging operations, as well as fall protection. Participants will also be educated, coached, and mentored in the applicable forces applied to anchor points, redirects and tie off methods used.
Arborist Demonstrations Will Include:
• Personal protective equipment
• Tree climbing techniques and equipment
• Arborist rigging techniques & equipment• Forces associated with rigging
6.5 Certified Arborist CEUs and 6.5 CTSP CEUs will be earned for the seminar, as well as an additional 6.5 CEUs for the “Hands-on Event”.
• 7:00 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. Registration
• Day Ends - 4:00 p.m.
• Please bring your own lawn chair, hard hat & safety glasses
• RAIN or SHINE!
• Call for site specific directions